Welcome to EduSourced, the premier software tool for managing and administering experiential project-based learning.
- Universities are in complete control over what data is shared and with whom
- EduSourced is designed for Universities to control their information flow in experiential learning.
- Schools define which student data they wish to store in EduSourced
- Keep it simple: student names and email addresses are all that is required to use EduSourced.
- EduSourced protects your ecosystem of employer partners, community mentors and students
- We believe the community ecosystem of a University is a critical part of a good experiential program and as such, EduSourced is committed to protecting it. Our business model is offering tools our users find valuable.
From the beginning, EduSourced has been designed to support FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) compliance. In the United States, FERPA governs the usage and storage of student data. FERPA allows Colleges and Universities to use cloud computing systems, such as EduSourced, to host student data provided that data remains under direct control of the University and cloud provider.
Student data in EduSourced is not shared with any party unless a University faculty or staff who themselves have the appropriate permission levels in their EduSourced workspace, which explicitly allows for the sharing of this data. This keeps student data firmly within the control of the University, satisfying FERPA.
For more information on FERPA and Cloud Computing, see the U.S. Department of Education’s Cloud Computing FAQ.
EduSourced uses industry-standard technical and physical safeguards to ensure student data is protected. Access to EduSourced systems is limited to development and support staff who have a legitimate need to access the data. Any third parties who are granted access to EduSourced systems to enable us to provide services are always under appropriate contractual obligations of confidentiality, data protection, and security.
Managing your email communications and opting out
EduSourced maintains an email list of users to provide product updates and important alerts on EduSourced. Users may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking Unsubscribe at the bottom of these emails. Additionally, the EduSourced app has a suite of email notifications designed to, in their default state, provide helpful updates about the User’s experiential project, team, and relevant action items. These updates may be adjusted at any time by clicking into Settings > Notifications from within the EduSourced app or by Update Preferences at the bottom of system email notifications.
What data we collect
- Student Data: The only student data required to use EduSourced is student first name, last name, and email. Universities may optionally upload additional student information to EduSourced to allow for reporting on that data within the system.
- Project Data: EduSourced allows for users to store data associated with projects. This may include data from external clients working on a project with the university as well as content uploaded by EduSourced users associated with a given project. Access to project data is limited to the project team and University Users with appropriate permission levels.
- Usage and Log Data: When you visit EduSourced, we log and store your IP address and technical information about your visit including browser type, version, and which pages were visited. We can use your IP address to determine your general location.
- Client Data: When project clients create an EduSourced Client account, we request information including email address, phone number, and organizational information.
How personal data is used
EduSourced is used by Universities to manage experiential learning programs and team-based learning engagements. Experiential programs in particular are historically managed in a very ad-hoc and even informal fashion, and EduSourced is designed to bring these learning activities into a secure platform that respects student and University privacy.
Uses for personal data include:
- To enable the delivery of the EduSourced platform and personalize your experience
- To communicate with you about the EduSourced platform and other relevant information
- Customer Support
- Using FERPA protected data in compliance with its requirements
We may disclose your information to protect our rights or if required by law
Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right (and you authorize EduSourced) to share or disclose your personal information when We determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate: (1) To enforce our rights against you or in connection with a breach by you of this Policy or the Terms and Conditions; (2) To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or (3) When required by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal processes.
We may transfer your data upon change of control but only in accordance with this policy
Personal Information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or other change of control. If EduSourced sells, merges or transfers any part of our business, part of the sale may include your Personal Information. If so, you will be asked if you would like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
This Site is not directed toward children. Accordingly, EduSourced does not knowingly collect or maintain on its Site personally identifiable information from children 13 years old or younger (a “Child”). If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Student Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at privacy@EduSourced.com. If EduSourced becomes aware that a Child has provided us with Student Personal Information, it will be deleted from our files. We require that minors obtain permission from a parent or guardian before utilizing the Site or Services.
GDPR: Additional Rights of Individual Users
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are an individual in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Student Personal Information and Student Data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the Student Personal Information or Student Data we hold about you as a Student User;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct Student Personal Information or Student Data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the Student Personal Information or Student Data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing Student Personal Information or Student Data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your Student Personal Information or Student Data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that is a right for you to object to us processing your Student Personal Information or Student Data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision-making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. You can see a lot more information on them, if you are interested, on the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Student Personal Information or Student Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in those circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Student Personal Information or Student Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Student Personal Information or Student Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us first.
California Privacy Rights
- To request deletion of personal information,
- Know about personal information collected, disclosed or sold,
- Opt-out of the sale of personal information, and
- To be treated without discrimination should you exercise these rights.
As a User of the EduSourced app or Site visitor to EduSourced.com, a session cookie is used to recognize you as a User who is logged in and to make the return login process easier.
How do I exercise my individual rights?
- You can request deletion of your data by contacting email@example.com.
- You can access your personal data either by using the EduSourced platform or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within an email from EduSourced.