We unpack Industry-based Experiential Learning trends and best practices as measured in our 2022 benchmark survey. Arline MacCormack of Babson and Allyson Gibson of BYU provide insights and context from on the ground.
Subscribe to EduSourced on YouTube for more webinars and EL content.
- Results from 342 participants across 4 years of Experiential Learning benchmarking
- Emerging trends and best practices identified
- Experiential Learning across disciplines: different terminology and topics but more alike than you might think
View the Slides
(Click the number to jump straight to this topic)
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:05 Panel Intros
- 4:40 Who participated in this survey?
- 5:44 How common is EL with live clients?
- 6:49 The unique value of live clients
- 9:50 EL requirement vs elective
- 14:50 MBA team leaders, undergrad teammates
- 16:35 How much do schools charge project sponsors?
- 18:28 Babson ONLY does free projects
- 19:55 BYU charges $22k per project
- 23:50 Getting sponsor buy-in
- 24:58 How popular are multidisciplinary projects?
- 28:55 Innovations in Experiential Learning
- 32:40 Managing clients: Babson and BYU’s strategies
- 36:05 How many schools have directors of EL?
- 38:56 The importance of offices/directors of EL
- 44:20 Project sourcing: where do projects come from?
- 50:27 How many projects do schools do?
- 53:58 NDAs in Experiential Learning
- 57:35 Do you set clear expectations with project sponsors?
- 58:44 How important is EL? Measured across 77 schools
- 59:55 Measuring learning outcomes in EL
- 1:00:53 Keeping records of EL
- 1:02:08 Does EL improve grad salary?
- 1:03:05 The biggest challenges in EL
- 1:06:27 Advice for people new to EL