There are many reasons live projects in the classroom are difficult but University of Houston Bauer proves that any challenge can be met, even if you have a required course with 1,000 students! Jamie Belinne, Assistant Dean for Career Services at Bauer, met a simple problem: 2,000 business students who largely lacked career readiness and a professional network when graduating, with a challenging solution. Link all of these students with real employers for real industry projects in their first year. Experiential learning at scale.
External, as measured by employers
- 62% increase in internship participation
- 20% improvement in presentation skill confidence
- One-year retention rate increased 8%
- Placement rates increased from 38% to 90%!
- Professional image: 8% ► 19%
- Work ethic: 5% ► 33%
- Teamwork: 7% ► 23%